About Skills Training & Engineering Services
Skills Training and Engineering Services (STES) was established in 1999 and is a registered training organisation (RTO 50091). Further to this we are also qualified WorkSafe WA Assessor and WorkCover injury management coordinator with twenty years directly involved in the mining/construction industry.
How We Can Help?
Underpinning this organisation is over twenty years experience in the areas of coaching, training, safety, supervision, engineering & environment with a focus on developing and implementing safety programs, policies and procedures.
The organisation has a commitment to safety and customer service, which it prides itself on and works with business’ to develop, implement and further improve on various aspects of their safety and training programs to achieve zero harm throughout their organisations. Second to this is ensuring that all staff in their business’ are kept informed of up to date training requirements and state legislation.
Our training facilities
Our training facility is located at 27 Sphinx Way, Bibra Lake, WA 6163. We also provide training at the work place (on-site).
Many companies prefer their training to be conducted “on-site”, in order to allow candidates to receive their training in a real work environment. STES offers on-site training for ALL our courses, provided the workplace has equipment required. STES also do many Verification of Competency assessments at the workplace.
For on-site prices please contact us!
We specialise in the following Training Courses
• High Risk License
• Non High Risk License
• Forklift License
• Crane License
• EWP - Elevated Work Platform License
• Dogging & Rigging Courses
• Work at Heights Course
• Confined Spaces Course
Experience & Qualifications
STES has worked with various key players and respective contractors within the mining / construction sectors including but not limited to:
- Kambalda Nickel Operations
- Mt Keith Project
- Kwinana Nickel Refinery
- Newcrest Telfer Project
- GRD Minproc NSW Eastern Creek Project
- Rio Tinto West Angelas Construction
- Kwinana Power Station
- ALCOA Pinjarra Efficiency Upgrade Project
- Wagerup Mine Project Iluka Resources
- BHP Billiton Ravensthorpe Nickel Project
- Nelson Point Port Headland
- Wagerup Power Station
- NewGeen Power Station Kwinana
- Windimurra Vanadium
- Pluto Gas Project
- Diploma of Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced Diploma of Occupational Health & Safety
- Certificate IV Assessment & Workplace Training
- Registered WorkSafe Assessor (WA943)
- Registered Training Organisation (RTO 50091)
- Member of IE Australian Mechanical (744755)
- Fitting and Machining trade background
- Senior First Aid
- Fire Fighting & Chemical Hazard